In this post I breakdown Taylor Swift’s makeup from the 2012 ACM Awards…
What you will need:
- Primer- NARS Skin Smoothing Face Prep
- Foundation- NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 in Alaska
- Concealer- NARS Concealer in Vanilla
- Powder- NARS Pressed Powder in Flesh
- Blush- NARS Blush in Sex Appeal
- All over cream eye shadow base- NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
- Lid eye shadow- NARS Eyeshadow in Etrusque
- Crease eye shadow- NARS Eyeshadow in Galapagos
- Upper lash line eyeliner- NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto
- Lower lash line eyeliner- NARS Eyeshadow in Etrusque
- Wet line lower lash line eyeliner-NARS Eye Pencil in Iceberg
- Brows- NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Portobello
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
- Mascara- NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara
- Lip pencil- NARS Lip Liner Pencil in Fantasia
- Lipstick- NARS Sheer Lipstick in Little Darling
- Lipgloss- NARS Lipgloss in Giza
- Moisturize and use primer to prep your skin for makeup. Using a foundation brush, apply your tinted moisturizer from the center of your face, blending downward and outward. Apply another layer over areas that need more coverage. Apply concealer with a concealer brush over and under the eyes. Using a large fluffy brush set your makeup completely with the pressed powder.
- Using a fluffy powder brush, smile to find the round, fleshy, apple of your cheeks and apply your Sex Appeal blush, blending softly up into the hairline for a natural flush.
- Apply Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base all over the lid up to the eyebrows. Apply Etrusque eye shadow to the lid and slightly up to the crease, but not above it, following the natural shape of the eye socket. You want the majority of the color and product to be on the lid.
- Using a pencil brush, like NARS Eye Contour Brush, apply Galapagos eye shadow to the crease. Following the shape of the eye socket. Be sure you carry the eye shadow just slightly above the crease so you can see the color when your eyes are open. Using a clean tapered blending brush, like NARS Small Dome Eye Brush, softly blend the lid and crease eye shadows together, extending slightly out to the temples, until you achieve the desired color, shape, and effect.
- Using your pencil brush and Etrusque eyeshadow, lightly press in and apply to the lower lash line, smudging the product into the lower lashes, smoking out the line and blending to achieve the desired effect. You want the most concentration of color and product to be on the outer edge and corner of the eye. Concentrate on the outer edge and draw the line all the way in towards the inner corner of the eye, getting thinner as you reach the tear duct.
- Using NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto, starting at the outer lashes and working your way in, apply a thin, tight line to the upper lashes. Drawing the line thinner as you reach the inner corner and tear duct. You can go over the line to smooth it out, even out any mistakes, and make a slightly thicker line on the outer edge. Again, you want the most concentration of color and product to be on the outer edge and corner of the eye. You really want to deposit the product at the base of the lashes, making the lashes look thick and lush and further defining the eye.
- Using Iceberg pencil gently trace a thin, tight line to the lower lash waterline for an eye opening effect.
- Curl your lashes with the Shu Uemura eyelash curler. Get as far back to the eyelid as possible (without pinching!) and pump the curler for ten seconds to really lock in the curl. Apply volumizing mascara to the upper and lower lashes, getting as far back to the root of the lashes as possible for a thick, rich look.
- Use a synthetic bristle angle brush to lightly fill in your brows with NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Portobello. Use short, upward strokes- you’re creating a shadow effect, the illusion that there is slightly more hair.
- Line and fill in the lips completely with Fantasia lip pencil. Apply a coat of NARS Little Darling lipstick followed by a layer of Giza lipgloss to complete your Taylor Swift ACM Awards look.
Did you watch the ACM Awards? Taylor had my favorite makeup look of the evening, with the warm gold and copper eyeshadows making the most of her blue eyes. Would you try this smoky eye look?