What you’ll need:
- Tinted Moisturizer- Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer in Fawn
- Concealer- NARS Concealer in Ginger
- Powder- Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent
- Bronzer- Smashbox Bronze Lights in Sunkissed Matte
- Blush- NARS Powder Blush in Madly
- NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
- Cream eyeshadow/allover base-Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Tattle Tale
- Eye shadow inner corner/brow bone highlight-NARS Eye Shadow in Abyssinia
- Lid and crease- NARS Eye Shadow in Bali
- Upper and lower lash line eyeliner- NARS Eye Liner Pencil in Black Moon
- Brows- NARS Eye Shadow in Blondie
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
- Mascara- Fresh Supernova Mascara
- Lip pencil- NARS Lipliner Pencil in Papua
- Lip balm-Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 in Honey
- Nail polish- Sephora by OPI Nail Colour in Ocean Love Potion
- Moisturize and use primer to prep your skin for makeup. Using a foundation brush or your clean fingers apply your Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer from the center of your face, blending downward and outward.
- Apply concealer with a concealer brush or clean fingers over and under the eyes and wherever additional coverage is needed. Using a large fluffy brush, set your makeup completely with the loose powder.
- Using a large fluffy powder brush, apply bronzer everywhere the sun would hit you naturally. Blend it over your temple, cheekbones, and chin in a 3 shape alongside your face. Blend it over your forehead, nose, and neck as well. Smile to find the round, fleshy, apple of your cheeks and apply your Madly blush, blending softly up into the hairline for a natural flush.
- Using the doe foot applicator, apply NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over the eye from lash line to brow bone. Using a synthetic bristle brush or a clean finger, apply cream eye shadow in Tattle Tale to the lid up into the crease-this will intensify the powder eye shadow you apply on top of it. Apply Bali eye shadow to the lid and up to the crease, following the natural shape of the eye socket. Using a tapered blending brush, blend the cream and powder eye shadows together until you achieve the desired color, shape, and effect.
- Apply Abyssinia eye shadow to the tear ducts and brow bone to highlight. Blend Bali and Abyssinia softly together in the crease.
- Using NARS Eye Liner Pencil in Black Moon, starting at the outer lashes and working your way in, apply a thin, tight line to the upper lashes. Drawing the line thinner as you reach the inner corner and tear duct. You can go over the line to smooth it out, even out any mistakes, and make a slightly thicker line on the outer edge if desired.
- Use your black eye pencil to dot and deposit color between the lashes on the lower lash line. You really want to deposit the product at the base of the lashes, making the lashes look thick and lush and further defining the eye. This is a simple trick for making the most of your lashes, without an obvious line. Tap over the dots of black with your finger or a q-tip if you deposit too much. Practice makes perfect.
- Curl your lashes with the Shu Uemura eyelash curler. Get as far back to the eyelid as possible (without pinching!) and pump the curler for ten seconds to really lock in the curl. Apply Fresh Supernova black mascara to the upper and lower lashes, getting as far back to the root of the lashes as possible for a thick, rich look.
- Use a synthetic bristle angle brush to lightly fill in your brows with NARS eye shadow in Blondie. Use short, upward strokes- you’re creating a shadow effect, the illusion that there is slightly more hair.
- Line and fill in the lips with a lip pencil that matches your lip color like Papua lip pencil. Apply Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 in Honey on top to complete the Emily Fields look.
What do you think of the natural, sportier, Emily Fields look? I think it’s a perfect day look, great for running errands or a lazy weekend. Will you try it?
*All products available at Sephora