In this post I breakdown Jennifer Aniston’s makeup…
What you’ll need:
- Primer-NARS Skin Smoothing Face Prep
- Foundation- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Barcelona
- Concealer- NARS Concealer in Praline
- Powder- NARS Loose Powder in Desert
- Bronzer- NARS Powder Bronzer in Laguna
- Blush- NARS Blush in Mata Hari
- NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base
- Lid eye shadow- NARS Cream Eyeshadow in El Dorado
- Crease eye shadow- NARS Eyeshadow in Bengali
- Upper lash line eyeliner- NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto
- Lower lash line eyeliner- DUO Eye Shadow in Pandora
- Wet line (lower lash line inner rim) eyeliner- NARS Eyeliner Pencil in Iceberg
- Brows- NARS Eye Shadow in Blondie
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
- Mascara- NARS Larger Than Life Voluminizing Mascara
- Lashes- Ardell Lashes Babies Black
- DUO Eyelash Glue
- Lip pencil- NARS Lip Pencil in Jilted Love
- Lipstick- NARS Lipstick in Little Darling
- Lipgloss- NARS Lipgloss in Chihuahua
- Nail polish-Essie Nail Polish in Au Natural
- Body Highlighter- St. Tropez Skin Illuminator Gold
- Moisturize and use primer to prep your skin for makeup. Using a foundation brush or your clean fingers apply your NARS Sheer Glow foundation from the center of your face, blending downward and outward. Apply concealer with a concealer brush or clean fingers over and under the eyes and wherever additional coverage is needed. Using a large fluffy brush, set your makeup completely with the loose powder.
- Using a large fluffy powder brush, lightly apply bronzer everywhere the sun would hit you naturally. Blend it over your temple, cheekbones, and chin in a 3 shape alongside your face. Blend it over your forehead, nose, and neck as well. Smile to find the round, fleshy, apple of your cheeks and apply your Mata Hari blush, blending softly up into the hairline for a natural flush.
- Using the doe foot applicator, apply NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base all over the eye from lash line to brow bone. Using a synthetic bristle brush or a clean finger, apply cream eye shadow in El Dorado all over the lid up into the crease. Apply Bengali eye shadow to the lid and slightly up to the crease, but not above it, following the natural shape of the eye socket. You want the majority of the color and product to be on the lid. Using a clean tapered blending brush, softly blend the cream and powder eye shadows together until you achieve the desired color, shape, and effect. Using a dampened, synthetic bristle eyeliner brush, and the black eyeshadow from Pandora Duo, lightly press in and apply to the lower lash line, smudging the product into the lower lashes, smoking out the line and blending to achieve the desired effect. You want the most concentration of color and product to be on the outer edge and corner of the eye. Concentrate on the outer edge and only draw the line ¾ the way in towards the inner corner of the eye.
- Using NARS Eye Liner Pencil in Iceberg, draw a thin line on the waterline (read: inner rim) of the lower lashes. This simple trick will help make the whites of your eyes appear larger and brighter, an essential step in the Jennifer Aniston look.
- Using NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner, starting at the outer lashes and working your way in, apply a thin, tight line to the upper lashes. Drawing the line thinner as you reach the inner corner and tear duct. You can go over the line to smooth it out, even out any mistakes, and make a slightly thicker line on the outer edge. Again, you want the most concentration of color and product to be on the outer edge and corner of the eye. You really want to deposit the product at the base of the lashes, making the lashes look thick and lush and further defining the eye.
- Curl your lashes with the Shu Uemura eyelash curler. Get as far back to the eyelid as possible (without pinching!) and pump the curler for ten seconds to really lock in the curl. Apply NARS Larger Than Life Voluminizing black mascara to the upper and lower lashes, getting as far back to the root of the lashes as possible for a thick, rich look.
- Using your fingers or a pair of tweezers, carefully remove the lashes. Apply a thin but substantial amount of glue to the base of the lashes, (I apply a little extra on the inner and outer edges) wait twenty seconds for the glue to become tacky, and then apply the lashes just on top of your natural lashes. These lashes add a natural yet eye opening effect. You want to place the lashes just on top of your own natural ones; you can hold them in place and give them a moment to set up before you proceed. The glue goes on white but dries clear. Once the lashes and subsequent glue have dried, you can take one more pass with your black eye pencil. Gently apply a thin line of eye pencil just on top of your false lashes; this will help make your false lashes look more natural.
- Use a synthetic bristle angle brush to lightly fill in your brows with NARS eye shadow in Blondie. Use short, upward strokes- you’re creating a shadow effect, the illusion that there is slightly more hair.
- Line and fill in the lips completely with NARS Lip Pencil in Jilted Love. Apply a coat of Little Darling Lipstick and top it off with a layer of Chihuahua gloss for shine.
- Lightly apply St. Tropez Skin Illuminator in Gold down the center of your arms and to your cheekbones (in a backward C shape) to add depth and dimension and complete your Jennifer Aniston look.
America’s sweetheart may change her hairstyles, but her classic, California cool makeup is a mainstay. Jennifer’s longtime makeup artist, Angela Levin, emphasizes Jen’s piercing baby blues, and highlights her gorgeous, tanned skin. Jen always looks beautiful and camera ready, as such she is a top request from my makeup clients.
What do you think of Jennifer Aniston’s natural, yet polished makeup? Will you try it? Do you have a girl crush on her too? #TeamJen