Manscaping. Gentlemen, I’m here to tell you something. There is nothing metrosexual about regular upkeep and general maintenance (mantenance, if you will.) Women appreciate grooming, effort, and good hygiene. So long as you don’t spend more time on your hair then she does, or this motley crew. Before you balk at the investment of time or additional expense, realize that the skincare industry has come a long way, and now has products that cater specifically to you and your needs. Several products do double duty so you get more bang for your buck. Onto BreBeauty’s tips:
- If you are sporting any kind of facial hair, or lack thereof, please keep it groomed. Stubble burn is not an enjoyable outcome for the ladies. So if you shave, do it on the regular. I recommend shaving after showering to lessen irritation. Use a shaving cream, a great razor (splurge, you deserve it), and a lotion with SPF to soothe and moisturize afterward. The regular grooming of hair also applies to the hair on your head and… everywhere else. If you catch my drift.
- Keep your fingernails and toenails trimmed and clean. A nailbrush (hidden in the medicine cabinet?) works to remove dirt and grime. As far as length goes, a good rule of thumb is not a lot of white and if they’re longer than your girlfriends they are too long.
- Take care of your feet. If your feet are dry, cracked, calloused, rough, and snag on the sheets they need some TLC. Get a Mr. Pumi and keep it in the shower, before you get out scrub at your heels and concentrate on your roughest areas. Regular exfoliation will keep your feet soft.
- Use a fresh washcloth, loofah, or sponge in the shower. Simply gliding the soap around is NOT going to get you clean. Besides, using something to scrub with takes care of exfoliation and eliminates another step or product. I cannot stress the importance of exfoliation enough.
- When it comes to deodorant and cologne, be consistent. I’ve already recommended a great deodorant for both guys and gals here. If you are in the market for a new cologne, ask your girlfriend what she may like, or a friend whose a girl. Women are very particular about scents and odors and we have a stronger sense of smell than you, you may want to enlist our help.
This is just a brief overview of grooming. There are lots of other things you can do to improve and maintain your appearance that will go over huge with the opposite sex: daily flossing, teeth whitening, regular haircuts, healthy diet and frequent exercise, using hand and foot cream, avoiding cigarettes and smoke, exfoliating and moisturizing your elbows, drink plenty of water, trimming your nose and ear hair, using an eye cream daily, eyebrows-there should be two of them, and treating the women in your life with love and respect, and the occasional bouquet of “just because” flowers. Sorry to push the female agenda, but I couldn’t resist. Happy grooming boys!