In this post I breakdown Megan Fox’s makeup from the MTV Video Music Awards…
What you’ll need:
- Foundation- M.A.C. Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation in NC30
- Concealer- M.A.C. Select Cover-Up in NW30
- Powder- M.A.C. Blot Powder in Medium Dark
- Blush- M.,A.C. Powder Blush in Fleur Power
- Bronzer and contour- M.A.C. Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Deep Dark
- Highlighter- M.A.C. Cream Colour Base in Pearl
- Cream eyeshadow and allover base- M.A.C. Paint Pot in Bare Study
- Inner corner/brow bone highlight- M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Dazzlelight
- Crease eye shadow- M.A.C. Eye shadow in Saddle
- Upper lash line eyeliner- M.A.C. Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in On the Hunt
- Lower lash line- M.A.C. Eye shadow in Dazzlelight
- Brows- M.A.C. Eye shadow in Espresso
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
- Mascara- M.A.C. Zoom Fast Black Lash
- Lashes- Ardell Demi 101 Black
- DUO Eyelash Glue
- Lip pencil- M.A.C. Lip Pencil in Beet
- Lipgloss- M.A.C. Lustreglass in Flashmode
- Nail polish- M.A.C. Nail Lacquer in Dark Angel
- Moisturize and use primer to prep your skin for makeup. Using a foundation brush or your clean fingers apply your M.A.C. Mineralize Satinfinish foundation from the center of your face, blending downward and outward. Apply concealer with a concealer brush or clean fingers over and under the eyes and wherever additional coverage is needed. Using a large fluffy brush, set your makeup completely with the blot powder.
- Using a large fluffy powder brush, apply M.A.C. Skinfinish Natural in Deep Dark as a bronzer. Apply everywhere the sun would hit you naturally, the bony prominences of the face-nose, chin, temple and forehead blending up into the hairline. To sculpt and slim your face, apply the dark brown powder directly under your cheekbones to contour, blending softly into the foundation and powder. You don’t want any harsh obvious lines or stripes, be sure to blend everything together. Smile to find the round, fleshy, apple of your cheeks and apply your Fleur Power blush, blending softly up into the hairline for a natural flush. Using your fingers apply Cream Colour Base in Pearl to the tops of your cheekbones to highlight, blending into a backward C shape from the outer edge of your eye to your cheekbone. This shimmer will catch the light and sculpt your cheekbones beautifully.
- Using a synthetic bristle brush or a clean finger, apply the Paint Pot all over the lid up to the eyebrows as well as a thin line on the lower lash line-this will intensify the eye shadow you apply on top of it later.
- Using a pencil brush, apply Saddle eye shadow to the crease, but not above it, following the natural shape of the eye socket. You want the majority of the color and product to be in the crease to sculpt the eye. Using a clean tapered blending brush, softly blend the cream and powder eye shadow together until you achieve the desired color, shape, and effect. Using a fluffy natural bristle blush, apply Dazzlelight eye shadow to the tear ducts and brow bone to highlight.
- Using the felt tip liner, and a steady hand, apply a thin line to the upper lashes, working tight against the lash line, beginning at the middle of the eye. Wherever you put the applicator down first is where you will deposit the most color and product. After you make your line or —dash—in the middle extend the line to the outer edge of your eye and kick it up at the outer corner for a cat eye, winged effect. If you mess up simply take a Q-tip moistened with water to remove and start again. It takes patience and practice, you’ll get there. Whatever is left on the applicator you want to use to line the inner corner and finish connecting the eye liner. Once you have achieved the line and shape you want, you can go back over the line and thicken or straighten it as needed. If it gets too thick, again you can use the wet Q-tip to fix it.
- Use a pencil brush to apply Dazzlelight eye shadow on top of the Bare Study Paint Pot on the lower lash line. Trace the pencil brush over the lower lash line and inner wet line to really open the eyes.
- Curl your lashes with the Shu Uemura eyelash curler. Get as far back to the eyelid as possible (without pinching!) and pump the curler for ten seconds to really lock in the curl. Apply M.A.C. Zoom Fast Black Lash mascara to the upper and lower lashes, getting as far back to the root of the lashes as possible for a thick, rich look.
- Using your fingers or a pair of tweezers, carefully remove the lashes. Apply a thin but substantial amount of glue to the base of the lashes, (I apply a little extra on the inner and outer edges) wait twenty seconds for the glue to become tacky, and then apply the lashes just on the outer corner of your eye. These 101 black lashes add a dramatic, eye opening effect. You want to place the lashes just on top of your own natural ones; you can hold them in place and give them a moment to set up before you proceed. The glue goes on white but dries clear. Once the lashes and subsequent glue have dried, you can take one more pass with your black liquid eye liner. Gently apply a thin line of liquid eye liner just on top of your false lashes; this will help make your false lashes look more natural and blend in with your own lashes.
- Use a synthetic bristle angle brush to lightly fill in your brows with M.A.C. eye shadow in Espresso. Use short, upward strokes- Megan Fox’s eyebrows are very dark, arched and sculpted.
- Line and fill in the lips completely with M.A.C. Lip Pencil in Beet, layer M.A.C. Lustreglass in Flashmode over top for high shine and to complete the Megan Fox look.
What do you think of Megan Fox’s sexy, shimmery makeup? Will you try it?
Megan Fox’s makeup has been a popular reader request and search on my blog. Is there any celebrity or model makeup breakdown that YOU would like to see featured? Leave me a comment below or shoot me an email at email@example.com!