In this post I breakdown Nicki Minaj’s makeup…
What you’ll need:
- Foundation- M.A.C. Studio Tech in NC40
- Concealer-M.A.C. Select Cover-Up in NC42
- Powder-M.A.C. Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC40
- Bronzer- M.A.C. Surf Baby Studiocare Pressed Powder in Lush-Light Bronze
- Blush- M.A.C. Powder Blush in Ambering Rose
- Base- M.A.C. Paint in Bamboom
- Lid and crease- M.A.C. eye shadow in Kid
- Lower lash line eyeliner- M.A.C. Powerpoint Eye Pencil in So There Jade
- Lower lash line- M.A.C. eye shadow in Aquadisiac
- Liquid eyeliner- M.A.C. Penultimate Eye Liner
- Brows- M.A.C. eye shadow in Mystery
- Mascara- M.A.C. False Lashes Mascara
- Lashes-M.A.C. Lash # 48
- DUO Eyelash Glue
- Lipstick- M.A.C. Lipstick in Pink Nouveau
- Lipgloss- M.A.C. Lustreglass in Lustrewhite
- Moisturize and use primer to prep your skin for makeup. Using a foundation brush apply your M.A.C. Studio Tech foundation from the center of your face, blending downward and outward. Apply concealer with a concealer brush or fingers over and under the eyes and wherever additional coverage is needed. Using a large fluffy brush, set your makeup with the M.A.C. Select Sheer pressed powder.
- Using a powder brush apply bronzer wherever the sun would hit you naturally. Blend it over your temples, cheekbones, and chin in a 3 shape alongside your face. Blend it over your forehead, nose, and neck as well. Smile to find the round, fleshy, apple of your cheeks and apply your Ambering Rose blush, blending softly up into the hairline for a natural flush.
- Using a synthetic bristle brush or clean finger, apply M.A.C. Paint in Bamboom all over the eye from lash line to brow bone.
- Line the upper lash line with a thin line of liquid black eye liner. Using the felt tip M.A.C. Penultimate Eye Liner, and a steady hand, apply a thin line to the upper lashes, working tight against the lash line, beginning at the middle of the eye. Wherever you put the applicator down first is where you will deposit the most color and product. After you make your line or —dash—in the middle extend the line to the outer edge of your eye and kick it up at the outer corner for a cat eye, winged effect. If you mess up simply take a Q-tip moistened with water or makeup remover to remove and start again and touch up your eye shadow. It takes patience and practice, you’ll get there. Whatever is left on the applicator you want to use to line the inner corner and finish connecting the eye liner. Once you have achieved the line and shape you want, you can go back over the line and thicken or straighten it as needed. If it gets too thick, again you can use the wet Q-tip to fix it.
- Using the M.A.C. Powerpoint Eye Pencil in So There Jade, apply a thin line to the lower lash line, smudging into between the lashes as you go. Use a pencil brush to apply M.A.C. Aquadisiac eye shadow to the lower lash line, smudging the product into the lower lashes, smoking out the line and blending the two shades together to achieve the desired effect.
- Using the Penultimate Liquid Eye Liner again, starting at the outer lashes and working your way in, apply a thin line to the bottom inner wet line, getting thinner as you reach the inner corner and tear duct. Again you really want to deposit the product at the base of the lashes, making the lashes look thick and lush and further defining the eye.
- Once the liquid eyeliner has dried, curl your lashes with a metal eyelash curler. Get as far back to the eyelid as possible (without pinching!) and pump the curler for ten seconds to really lock in the curl. Apply M.A.C. False Lashes mascara to the upper and lower lashes, getting as far back to the root of the lashes as possible for a thick, rich look.
- Using tweezers, carefully remove the M.A.C. #48 lashes. Don’t be afraid to cut them first to fit your eye shape if necessary. Apply a thin but substantial amount of glue to the base of the lashes, (I apply a little extra on the inner and outer edges) wait twenty seconds for the glue to become tacky, and then apply the lashes from the outer corner of your eye first and working your way in. You want to place lashes just on top of your own natural lashes; you can hold them in place and give them a moment to set up before you proceed.
- Use a synthetic bristle angle brush to lightly fill in your brows with M.A.C. eye shadow in Mystery, you’re creating a shadow effect, the illusion that there is slightly more hair.
- For maximum color payoff apply M.A.C. Pink Nouveau lipstick straight from the tube (no lip brush). Apply M.A.C. Lustreglass in Lustrewhite on top to add high shine and complete the Nicki Minaj look.
What do you think of the Nicki Minaj look? Would you rock it? Are you a fan of her music?