In this post I breakdown Sarah Michelle Gellar’s makeup from Ringer…
What you will need:
- Primer- Laura Mercier Oil- Free Foundation Primer
- Foundation-Laura Mercier Moisturizing Foundation in Vanilla Beige
- Concealer- Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Concealer in 330 Golden Beige
- Powder- LORAC Translucent Touch Up Powder in TL 2
- Bronzer- NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna
- Blush- NARS Blush in Amour
- All over cream eye shadow base- Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Linen
- Lid eye shadow- NARS Eyeshadow in Lhasa
- Crease eye shadow- Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Caviar
- Upper and lower lash line eyeliner- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink
- Brows- NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Portobello
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
- Mascara- Dior DiorShow Mascara in Black 090
- Lip pencil- Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip Waterproof Lipliner Pencil in Rosewood 2C
- Lipstick- NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Bangkok
- Self Tanner- Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel
- Nail polish- OPI for Sephora in Bare To Be Different
- All products available at Sephora
- Moisturize and use primer to prep your skin for makeup. Using a foundation brush, apply your Laura Mercier foundation from the center of your face, blending downward and outward. Apply concealer with a concealer brush over and under the eyes and wherever additional coverage is needed. Using a large fluffy brush set your makeup completely with the pressed powder.
- Using a fluffy powder brush apply NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna. Apply everywhere the sun would hit you naturally, the bony prominences of the face-nose, chin, temple and forehead blending up into the hairline. To sculpt and slim your face, apply the brown powder directly under your cheekbones to contour, blending softly into the foundation and powder. You don’t want any harsh obvious lines or stripes, be sure to blend everything together. Smile to find the round, fleshy, apple of your cheeks and apply your Amour blush, blending softly up into the hairline for a natural flush.
- Using a synthetic bristle brush, like M.A.C.’s 242, apply Eye Basics in Linen all over the lid up to the eyebrows. Apply Lhasa eye shadow to the lid and slightly up to the crease, but not above it, following the natural shape of the eye socket. You want the majority of the color and product to be on the lid.
- Using a pencil brush, like M.A.C.’s 219, apply Caviar eye shadow to the crease. Following the shape of the eye socket. Be sure you carry the eye shadow just slightly above the crease so you can see the color when your eyes are open. Using a clean tapered blending brush, like M.A.C.’s 222, softly blend the cream and powder eye shadows together until you achieve the desired color, shape, and effect.
- Using your pencil brush and the Lhasa and Caviar eyeshadows, lightly press in and apply to the lower lash line, smudging the product into the lower lashes, smoking out the line and blending to achieve the desired effect. You want the most concentration of color and product to be on the outer edge and corner of the eye. Concentrate on the outer edge and draw the line all the way in towards the inner corner of the eye, getting thinner as you reach the tear duct.
- Using a synthetic angle brush, like M.A.C.’s 266 and Bobbi Brown’s Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink, starting at the outer lashes and working your way in, apply a thin, tight line to the upper lashes and lower lash waterline. Drawing the line thinner as you reach the inner corner and tear duct. You can go over the line to smooth it out, even out any mistakes, and make a slightly thicker line on the outer edge. Again, you want the most concentration of color and product to be on the outer edge and corner of the eye. You really want to deposit the product at the base of the lashes, making the lashes look thick and lush and further defining the eye.
- Curl your lashes with the Shu Uemura eyelash curler. Get as far back to the eyelid as possible (without pinching!) and pump the curler for ten seconds to really lock in the curl. Apply Dior DiorShow mascara to the upper and lower lashes, getting as far back to the root of the lashes as possible for a thick, rich look.
- Use a synthetic bristle angle brush to lightly fill in your brows with NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Portobello. Use short, upward strokes- you’re creating a shadow effect, the illusion that there is slightly more hair.
- Line and fill in the lips completely with Make Up For Ever Lip Pencil in Rosewood.
- Apply a coat of NARS Bangkok lipstick to complete your Sarah Michelle Gellar Ringer look.
Do you watch Ringer? Would you try this smoky eye makeup?
This breakdown was a special request, Hi Bre, Have you been watching Ringer? I have a past love of SMG from her Buffy days, so I’m committed to this new dark, soapy, show about twins gone wrong. I kind of love it. My favorite part is SMG’s hair and makeup. Her stylist and makeup artist are killing it. Any advice on how to imitate her eye makeup? Thank you, Danielle (of Wildcats and Wolfpacks).
If you have a celebrity makeup breakdown that you would like to see featured leave me a comment!