In this post I breakdown Spencer Hastings’ (Troian Bellisario) makeup from Pretty Little Liars…
What you’ll need:
- Foundation-M.A.C. Face and Body Foundation in N3
- Concealer- M.A.C. Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20
- Powder- M.A.C. Blot Powder in Medium
- Bronzer- M.A.C. Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder in Gold-go-Lightly
- Blush- M.A.C. Sheertone Blush in Pinch Me
- Cream eyeshadow and allover base-M.A.C. Paint Pot in Painterly
- Eye shadow inner corner/brow bone highlight-M.A.C. Eye shadow in Shroom
- Lid eye shadow-M.A.C. Eye shadow in Blanc Type
- Crease eye shadow-M.A.C. Eye shadow in Soft Brown Matte
- Upper and lower lash line eyeliner-M.A.C. Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved
- Lower lash line- M.A.C. Eye Shadow in Brun
- Brows- M.A.C. Eye shadow in Omega
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
- Mascara- M.A.C. Haute & Naughty Lash Mascara in Black
- Lip pencil- M.A.C. Lip pencil in Subculture
- Lipstick-M.A.C. Lipstick in Hot Gossip
- Nail polish-M.A.C. Nail Lacquer in Vintage Vamp
- Moisturize and use primer to prep your skin for makeup. Using a foundation brush or your clean fingers apply M.A.C. Face and Body Foundation from the center of your face, blending downward and outward. Apply concealer with a concealer brush or clean fingers over and under the eyes and wherever additional coverage is needed. Using a large fluffy brush, set your makeup completely with the pressed powder.
- Using a large fluffy powder brush, lightly apply bronzer everywhere the sun would hit you naturally. Blend it over your temple, cheekbones, and chin in a 3 shape alongside your face. Blend it over your forehead, nose, and neck as well. Smile to find the round, fleshy, apple of your cheeks and apply Pinch Me blush, blending softly up into the hairline for a natural flush.
- Using a synthetic bristle brush or a clean finger, apply a thin layer of cream to powder eye shadow in Painterly all over the lid up into the eyebrows, as well as a thin line on the lower lash line-this will intensify the powder eye shadow you apply on top of it. Apply Blanc Type eye shadow to the lid and up to the crease.
- Using a pencil brush, apply Soft Brown Matte to the crease, following the natural shape of the eye socket. Using a tapered blending brush, thoroughly blend the lid and crease powder eye shadows together until you achieve the desired color, shape, and effect. The Spencer eye makeup look is very subtle and very well blended for a natural, yet defined effect. Lightly apply Shroom eye shadow to the tear ducts and brow bone to highlight. Blend the brow highlight and crease color together to really blend and soften the look. You don’t want any harsh or obvious lines.
- Use your pencil brush to apply Brun eye shadow, to the lower lash line, smudging the product into the lower lashes, smoking out the line and blending the cream shadow and powder eye shadow together to achieve the desired effect. You want the most concentration of color and product to be on the outer edge and corner of the eye.
- Using Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved, starting at the outer lashes and working your way in, apply a thin, tight line to the upper lashes. Drawing the line thinner as you reach the inner corner and tear duct. You can go over the line to smooth it out, even out any mistakes, and make a slightly thicker line on the outer edge.
- Use the black waterproof pencil to dot and deposit color between the lashes on the lower lash line. You really want to deposit the product at the base of the lashes, making the lashes look thick and lush and further defining the eye. This is a simple trick for making the most of your lashes, without an obvious line. Tap over the dots of black with your finger or a q-tip if you deposit too much. Practice makes perfect.
- Curl your lashes with the Shu Uemura eyelash curler. Get as far back to the eyelid as possible (without pinching!) and pump the curler for ten seconds to really lock in the curl. Apply M.A.C. Haute & Naughty Lash black mascara to the upper and lower lashes, getting as far back to the root of the lashes as possible for a thick, rich look.
- Use a synthetic bristle angle brush to lightly fill in your brows with M.A.C. eye shadow in Omega. Use short, upward strokes- you’re creating a shadow effect, the illusion that there is slightly more hair.
- Line and fill in the lips with a lip pencil that matches your lip color like Subculture lip pencil. Apply Hot Gossip lipstick on top to complete the Spencer Hastings look.
What do you think of Spencer Hastings’ makeup? I think it’s polished and office appropriate. What do you think of this week’s breakdowns so far? Any TV show or movie you would like to see a breakdown of? Let me know in a comment!
*All makeup products available from M.A.C.